H&S Group Course Overview
This one-day Health and Safety course provide learners with an understanding of the importance of health, safety and welfare, the impact of poor health and ensuring health and safety procedures are in place.
The course is designed for employees needing a more detailed understanding of health and safety, their responsibilities and the risk assessments that should be carried out.
A range of topics are covered including:
- The responsibilities of health, safety and welfare
- The impact of poor health and safety
- Understanding hazards and risks
- The process of risk assessments
- Understanding the impact of different factors
- Understanding control measures for workplace hazards
- Communicating health and safety
- Understanding incident reporting and RIDDOR
The course is facilitated through group and class discussion to involve all candidates and to ensure all candidates are grasping the board topics ready for the assessment.
Candidates can wear clothing that they feel comfortable to support their learning and take part in group discussions with other candidates.
The course includes a Health and Safety handbook produced by Instructuk Resources Ltd to support the course.
The course includes interactive group discussion which is monitored by the tutor and a written multi-choice question paper at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will be issued with an Ofqual regulated Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace by the awarding body First Aid Awards (FAA).
The qualification does not expire, but refresher training is recommended to keep up to date with changes in best practise and legislation.
There are no barriers to undertaking training. If candidates have any physical or learning needs for the group work or the assessment, this should be notified as part of the booking.
We can deliver the training at your venue which has a suitable training room or we can support you in arranging a suitable external venue. Training at your venue can save you costs but at the same time risk your staff being distracted by day to day concerns that arise, which may not be suitable as they approach the assessment.
Locations will require:
- Room big enough to sit 16 candidates to sit in a horseshoe
- Tables for group work and assessment at the end of the session
- Projector and screen with computer connection, however, we can provide a projector with laptop
While we will deliver our courses across the country, we focus on supporting local businesses in south Wales from Cardigan to Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.
The course will have three planned breaks, including lunch. No refreshments are included when delivered at one of your venues, but tea and coffee will be included when delivered at a venue arranged by ourselves.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Group price for 6 is £360.00* with extra candidates £12 per person to the maximum number.
The group price is based on training at your venue for the maximum number of candidates. If you do not have a suitable training venue, we can work with you to arrange a venue near you at an additional cost.
* If you are further than 50 miles from Swansea, there will be additional travel costs. Contact us to discuss the options.
- Candidate registration fees
- Course handbook