A range of topics is covered including:
- Understand the consequence of poor working at height procedures
- Understanding the legislation of working at height
- Know the employer's and employees' responsibilities
- Know the considerations when working at a height
- Understand the rescue plan when working at a height
- Recognise the equipment to use when working at a height
- Know the standards and testing of equipment for working at a height
- Know the procedures for reporting faulty equipment
The course is facilitated through group and class discussions to involve all candidates and to ensure all candidates are grasping the board topics.
Candidates can wear clothing that they feel comfortable with to support their learning and take part in group discussions.
The minimum price is for 4 people, with an additional cost per candidate up to the maximum number for the additional resources.
The price includes:
- Related course notes
The group price is based on training at your venue for the maximum number of candidates. If you do not have a suitable training venue, we can work with you to arrange a venue near you at an additional cost.
There may be additional expense costs depending on your location.
The course contains ongoing discussions and practical activities to ensure everyone is absorbing the required knowledge to obtain a certificate of attendance.
Successful candidates will be issued with a Manual Handling Principles certificate, issued by Dewi Development Ltd.
The qualification does not expire, but refresher training is recommended to keep up to date with changes in best practices and legislation.
We can deliver the training at your venue which has a suitable training room or we can support you in arranging a suitable external venue.
Locations will require:
- Room big enough to sit 16 candidates to sit in a horseshoe
- Projector and screen with computer connection, however, we can provide a projector with a laptop
While we will deliver our courses across the country, we focus on supporting local businesses in south Wales from Cardigan to Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.
There will be one plan break during this session. Refreshments are not included in the price.
If candidates have any physical or learning needs for the group work this should be notified as part of the booking.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.