A range of topics are covered including:
- Understanding the importance of standards in the workplace for health, safety and welfare
- Knowing how to control hazards and risks in the workplace
- Being aware of the impact of poor health and safety at work
- Understanding how health and safety information is communicated
The course is facilitated through group and class discussion to involve all candidates and to ensure all candidates are grasping the board topics ready for the assessment.
Candidates can wear clothing that they feel comfortable to support their learning and take part in group discussions with other candidates.
The price includes:
- Candidate registration fees
- Course handbook
- Great instructors
The course includes a Health and Safety handbook produced by Instructuk Resources Ltd to support the course.
The course includes interactive group discussion which is monitored by the tutor and a written assessment at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will be issued with an Ofqual regulated Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace by the awarding body First Aid Awards.
We can deliver the training at your venue which has a suitable training room or we can support you in arranging a suitable external venue. Training at your venue can save you costs but at the same time risk your staff being distracted by day to day concerns that arise, which may not be suitable as they approach the assessment.
Locations will require:
- Room big enough to sit 16 candidates to sit in a horseshoe
- Tables for group work and assessment at the end of the session
- Projector and screen with computer connection, however, we can provide a projector with laptop
While we will deliver our courses across the country, we focus on supporting local businesses in south Wales from Cardigan to Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.
The course will have one planned break. No refreshments are included when delivered at one of your venues, but tea and coffee will be included when delivered at a venue arranged by ourselves.
There are no barriers to undertaking training. If candidates have any physical or learning needs for the group work or the assessment, this should be notified as part of the booking.
An individual can undertake the course from 14, however they cannot assume responsibility until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer's responsibility to ensure that the individual is suitable for the role.
If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.